Amusing adventures in discovering new techniques and products in all types of beauty!

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Jack Black Moisture Therapy Lip Balm

Holy crap folks, this stuff is amazing. First of all, I have a confession. I am a lip balm junkie. Out of necessity really, I've always had incredibly dry lips. Mostly because I'm not good at drinking water as often as I should (shhh!). When I say that I've tried nearly every balm, lip treatment, and what ever else you can think of, I mean it. Nothing really worked. Most of the time it was a band aid effect, making my lips feel smooth and lovely...  until the product wore off, which usually wasn't long. After it was gone, if I didn't have the current product of the day/month on me to reapply, my lips would be peeling or cracking within the hour. It was a very vicious, tedious, painful and expensive cycle.

I kind of rambled a bit, didn't I? Sorry 'bout that, just felt I needed to put this into proper perspective so you can know how absolutely incredible this balm is.

Now, onto my life saver. Or lip saver, which ever you prefer. Jack Black Lip Balm.



$8 at Sephora here in Canada, with 5 different "flavours": Vanilla & Lavender, Grapefruit & Ginger, Black Tea & Blackberry, Natural Mint, and Lemon & Chamomile. I wanted the Black Tea, but they were out of stock, so I bought the Grapefruit. It's not sweet, not really flavoured much at all, just enough so it doesn't seem like you have some random balmy substance on your lips. I hate that generic balm taste! I have literally only been putting this on about 3-4 time a day. Seems like a lot, I know. But I was putting other balms on much more than that. I'm going to say at least, if not more, than once an hour. 

Now that I've had it for about 4 or 5 days, I can really tell that it's repaired and moisturized my lips, rather than just making them soft for a little while. I am in love. I will never buy a different type of lip balm, ever again.

If they stop making this, I will cry and hoard loads of it before it disappears. I swear I will!

I want to thank Cora of Vintage or Tacky on YouTube for using this, because without you telling us what you use, I would never have found this lovely little blue tube. 

5 Stars, 2 thumbs up and all sorts of praise for Jack Black Lip Balm!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I need to try this.. my lips get super dry too, especially in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever get the chance, try By Terry's Baume de Rose. It's my HG of lip balms. Before, my lips used to severely peel and bleed, making my lips look disgusting. Now they are perfectly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard of that! I'll have to try and find it, it's so hard to find a really good balm that doesn't just cover up the problem for an hour or so.

      Delete

© 2013 Boots' Beauty Bin, AllRightsReserved.
All photography by Boots, unless otherwise stated.
The opinions in this blog are strictly my own, I am not paid to say anything. In fact, I'm not paid at all. This is all for fun!

Theme Designed by ScreenWritersArena